Kids with LD need help managing their emotions. They need support to normalize their life experience. There are very few places in their usual societal context to turn. What they deserve:
• Relatable Characters.
• Real life examples of successful LD mentors and role models.
• Mainstream media embracing their stories in a cool, aspirational and inspirational way.
Some kids with LD are never diagnosed, others are identified as LD, but never receive academic remediation.
The solution: our unique content, based on evidence-based scientific research: SuperD!ville Our multi-media offerings include a video series, related activities and a social media hub.
• Super d! is a scalable, Social Emotional Learning (SEL)2 platform for kids 7-12 with learning and attention issues.
• Only kids with dyslexia and ADHD are cast in our shows. By being open about their LD, they are positive role models.
• Super d! Show videos portray day-in-the-life situations that LD kids experience at home and school, with storylines that educate, entertain, and empower.
• Super d! Show episodes trigger conversation about sensitive subjects, and the Super d! activities extend the learning through participation. Kids can share their creative work through the Super d! social media hub which fosters a sense of community.
• Our approach is a clear and intentional paradigm shift. SuperDville moves away from shame and secrecy but rather, towards acceptance and confidence. Research shows LD kids recognize themselves in Super D!’s storytelling, cast and themes which increases their self-confidence and ability to develop the emotional tools for success.
Order Your SuperD! Show Episode Now ⬇
and the Dyslexic Brain
Professor Boom compares two types of brains and how each works just a little bit differently.
Ayanna complains that she feels embarrassed about responding to her peers when they ask what she did in the resource room.
and Jack Horner
Tricks to Remember Important Information
Suzie Sing uses music as a mnemonic to remember the names of dinosaurs.
Lost In The Park
Tricks to Remember Important Information
Ari was late and having a lot of trouble getting to the baseball game. He got very frustrated and exhausted too! A mystical troll helps him understand right from left.
Never Give Up
Persistence & Resilience
Jace is upset because he got 5 out of 10 words correct on his spelling test. He says, "I'm never going to be good at spelling...I'm just going to give up!"
and Daymond John
Daymond John displays a "Can Do" attitude. He states that "it takes the same amount of energy to think small as it does to think big!
Out of the Ice Box
Believing in Yourself & Your Creativity
Jordan finds reading the recipe and following it very challenging.
Strategies for Destressing & Calming Down
The gang shares strategies and activities that help them destress.
Visualizing How Our Brain Works
Professor Boom and Hudson show us how the left brain processes words and numbers and the right brain processes images as we read.
SuperDville is the first video-based social and emotional learning curriculum for 7-12-year-olds who learn differently, and we are growing exponentially. Over 2,000 subscribers from 25 states and eight countries have joined us to make SuperDville accessible to approximately 50,000 children. While SuperDville does not claim to resolve ALL the social-emotional implications of a school-age population in crisis, we've hit a chord, and we're confident that the Super D! Episodes and curriculum offer elementary and middle school children an essential and untapped life-line. SEL programs are particularly critical because they are proven to increase academic performance, produce positive attitudes about self, and improve student behavior. As an SEL curriculum developed by and for children with LD, SuperDville targets a uniquely academically and emotionally vulnerable population in this state of global educational emergency. The SuperDville curriculum is currently in Spanish, Mandarin, Portuguese, Hindi, Arabic, Italian, French, Hebrew, and Nepali and the all the episodes are currently being dubbed in Spanish. These translations are particularly important for our international partners and in the US with non-English speaking parents. Our long-term goal is to dub existing episodes other critical languages so that the SuperD! Non-English-speaking parent populations can watch and support their children. To do so, we’ve contracted with My Hispano, an Argentina-based company to translate the curriculum and dub all the Super D! episodes.
Peggy Stern Bio:
Peggy Stern, SuperDville founder and CEO, is an Academy Award-winning film Producer/Director with more than 30 years’ experience. Her dyslexia led her to filmmaking and animation at a young age, and in March 2006, Stern won the Oscar for Best Animated Short. Stern has produced for PBS, HBO, and Teachers College at Columbia University, The National PTA, and National YWCA among others. She received her BA from Harvard University and her senior thesis film STEPHANIE became a PBS documentary Special and broadcast nationally.