Kids with LD need help managing their emotions. They need support to normalize their life experience. There are very few places in their usual societal context to turn. What they deserve:
• Relatable Characters.
• Real life examples of successful LD mentors and role models.
• Mainstream media embracing their stories in a cool, aspirational and inspirational way.
Some kids with LD are never diagnosed, others are identified as LD, but never receive academic remediation.
The solution: our unique content, based on evidence-based scientific research: SuperD!ville Our multi-media offerings include a video series, related activities and a social media hub.
• Super d! is a scalable, Social Emotional Learning (SEL)2 platform for kids 7-12 with learning and attention issues.
• Only kids with dyslexia and ADHD are cast in our shows. By being open about their LD, they are positive role models.
• Super d! Show videos portray day-in-the-life situations that LD kids experience at home and school, with storylines that educate, entertain, and empower.
• Super d! Show episodes trigger conversation about sensitive subjects, and the Super d! activities extend the learning through participation. Kids can share their creative work through the Super d! social media hub which fosters a sense of community.
• Our approach is a clear and intentional paradigm shift. SuperDville moves away from shame and secrecy but rather, towards acceptance and confidence. Research shows LD kids recognize themselves in Super D!’s storytelling, cast and themes which increases their self-confidence and ability to develop the emotional tools for success.
Order Your SuperD! Show Episode Now ⬇
SuperDville is the first video-based social and emotional learning curriculum for 7-12-year-olds who learn differently, and we are growing exponentially. Over 2,000 subscribers from 25 states and eight countries have joined us to make SuperDville accessible to approximately 50,000 children. While SuperDville does not claim to resolve ALL the social-emotional implications of a school-age population in crisis, we've hit a chord, and we're confident that the Super D! Episodes and curriculum offer elementary and middle school children an essential and untapped life-line. SEL programs are particularly critical because they are proven to increase academic performance, produce positive attitudes about self, and improve student behavior. As an SEL curriculum developed by and for children with LD, SuperDville targets a uniquely academically and emotionally vulnerable population in this state of global educational emergency. The SuperDville curriculum is currently in Spanish, Mandarin, Portuguese, Hindi, Arabic, Italian, French, Hebrew, and Nepali and the all the episodes are currently being dubbed in Spanish. These translations are particularly important for our international partners and in the US with non-English speaking parents. Our long-term goal is to dub existing episodes other critical languages so that the SuperD! Non-English-speaking parent populations can watch and support their children. To do so, we’ve contracted with My Hispano, an Argentina-based company to translate the curriculum and dub all the Super D! episodes.
Peggy Stern Bio:
Peggy Stern, SuperDville founder and CEO, is an Academy Award-winning film Producer/Director with more than 30 years’ experience. Her dyslexia led her to filmmaking and animation at a young age, and in March 2006, Stern won the Oscar for Best Animated Short. Stern has produced for PBS, HBO, and Teachers College at Columbia University, The National PTA, and National YWCA among others. She received her BA from Harvard University and her senior thesis film STEPHANIE became a PBS documentary Special and broadcast nationally.